Saturday, February 28, 2015

Soap...it's What's For Dinner?


On my refrigerator door hung a magnet with my beliefs firmly inscribed; 
The Only Reason My House Has a Kitchen is Because it Came With One.

After all, I had no need for a kitchen.  I did not cook.  What a waste of space, I thought.

And then I discovered soap.
Or, making soap.  Suddenly, the kitchen had meaning!
Soap fragrances and essential oils come in such a wide array that my 
family sometimes thought I was actually cooking something they could eat.



Nope.  Soap.

As my soap making skills progressed, I branched into creating soaps made with milk.  
Everyone was using goat milk.
I had no goats.
No one (at that time) was using sheep milk.
I also had no sheep...but the neighbors did!
Despite never having met them, I knocked on their door and politely asked,
"May I milk your sheep?"
To which they replied,
"Um, sure?"
And thus a great friendship was born.
But more importantly, I learned I 
MUST HAVE SHEEP.

So I did a little research and found that in some parts of the world, 
sheep are the preferred dairy animal!
I also learned that sheep milk is more nutritious
than goat milk.

Say WHAT?

Yes, that's right, those goaties have a conspiracy going when it comes to milk.
Sheep is the way to go!

Of course, sheep have the benefit of fleece, which can be spun into lovely yarns,
so indeed they are the superior of the milking world,
if you were to ask me.





A recent customer had this to say about some of my sheep milk soap:

"I live in Colorado and have been having troubles with very dry skin. I started making my own body lotions which helped immensely but this year has been worse. This Sheep Milk soap is the first soap that I've used in a long time that has actually stopped my skin from itching. I've been using it for almost a week now and it's very moisturizing. I can't wait to see how my skin is after long term use! Thank you for such a wonderful product!"


So grab yourself a bar or two of sheep milk soap, made right here in my kitchen, the next time you feel the need to pamper your skin!  Ewe won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment