Sunday, April 3, 2016

Seriously, guys?


A couple months ago I saw an ad on Craigslist for lambs.  East Friesian lambs, at that!
It's been a few years since I've had my own sheep.  I'd gotten with another gal who lives south of me
and shipped some East Friesian dairy sheep from Wisconsin here to Washington.

Yes...dairy sheep.

I loved my dairy sheep.  So sweet and friendly!  
Then I got back into horses, and the sheep slowly disappeared.

But now here was this ad.  Week old bottle babies.
Did I need one?
No.

Did I buy one?
No.

I bought two.


One of my lambs is spotted.  His name is Julius.
The other lamb was SOOO big that I named him Bluto.
He's the white lamb you can see behind Julius (sort of.)

Bluto and Julius are both ram lambs.  That means if I want milk...
well...I'll need to invest in ewe lambs here eventually.
For now, though, these two are enough.

Today I let them out into the sunshine.  
When I went out to check on them, where did I find them?
In the itty bitty little chicken coop.

Seriously, guys?


Oh, well.

In other news, it's tulip season in the Pacific Northwest!
I thought I'd get up early and get some great sunrise shots.
No such luck.  It was cloudy!
But the tulips were beautiful, just the same!



Hope you have a beautiful day!

Cowgirl Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment