Friday, May 6, 2016

These Boots Weren't Made for Walkin'...

The boots in the song may have been made for walkin', 
but this pair was made for ridin'!

Well, until I got a hold of them, anyway.



A year or more ago I went to the thrift store and found a pair of boots.
I seem to be good at that.
This pair was a pretty plain brown, nothing fancy, but also,
nothing wrong with them.
I bought them.
I brought them home.
I wore then when I rode my horse.

But then I bought another pair, and another, 
and soon I realized I wasn't wearing that brown pair any longer.


So I painted them.

I'd never painted boots before, so I went straight to Google and asked for help.
Grab some spray paint, the ladies said, and apply 2-3 coats.
It will be okay, they said.

And so I did.


I sprayed them tan.  
And then I grabbed some leather paint and painted the turquoise.
That's what I did.

But that seemed boring.
So I did more.


I used an antiquing gel and rubbed it all over the boots.
You can use a brown paint or stain to get the same effect.

Now my boots looked better.  
Not so...clean.


But sometimes...well...

Sometimes you just get a bee in your bonnet and go just a
wee
bit
farther.

And you lop off the tops of the boots!


NOW these boots are made for walkin', 
and that's just what I'll do,
one of these days these boots are gonna
walk on down to the thrift store and help me buy more boots....


Happy Trails!
Cowgirl Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment